Where's Ryan?

Friday, April 25, 2008

"When you want something badly enough...

all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
-Paulo Coelho

I'm dead tired. My body knows it. Today my alarm went off and I hit the snooze more often than I usually do.
"Oh hell naw said Mr. Right calf" and that badboy cramped up like I owed it money!
"You will be awake, said the calf! And you will do cardio! You've come too far to fail me now" he said to me... Ugh..

Shux, 2 more weeks (13 days of cardio left) I guess I'll truck along...

Why even more tired lately?
So I've been on a high protein, moderate fat, extremely low carbohydrate diet.
Now heading to week 14, I'm having to cycle the consumption of fats- it started with 2 days with fats, 2 days without. Then it became 3 days without fats, 1 day with. Now it's 6 off 1 on as the goal is to get that last stubborn bit of fat out of the mix. (Side note, the gym fat calculator said i was 9.2% body fat, +/- 3%, pre dieat i was about 15%)



It's interesting how perception of luxuries can be shifted.
I sit and eat sushi with Carrie and she tosses the white rice aside, as I stare at my pile of sashimi.
I ate fat every day for the first part of my diet, but longed for my cheat meals.
Then the cheat meals went away.
As did the fats- which to me are now like a cheat, peanut butter is my crack rock!

When prepping for the fresno show, I ditched the salting of my food in order to help drop water.
Boy please believe that the next day I was all over that salt, and didnt care that there were no fats! Spicy mustard on turkey patties became my new crack rock.

I think this is true for life- we often raise the bar on our happiness.
I'll be happy with that BMW, or I'll be happy when I lose 10 lbs, or when he finally proposes, or when we have kids, or grand kids


Be happy today. Every day above ground is a good one.
(BTW are you gonna eat that grissel?)

No comments: