Where's Ryan?

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bodybuilding Works...

Yeah Yeah, bodybuilding can improve your life, health, mood etc...

But it helps at the dentist too...

Today I was at the dentist having some partial crowns installed that I'd been fitted for about 3 weeks ago. Basically an old filling had eroded, allowing a nice deep crevice to form underneath. Boy did drilling that out feel amazingly terrible!

But this time I was told no worries, the hard part was over, they just needed to plug n chug, put em in and glue em hard. Unfortunately the temporary fillings wanted to stay, as my mouth is apparently a fun place to be.
My professionally administered busted lip
The thing about the dentist is that you usually go 6-8 months between visits so you have plenty of time to forget of how painful it is. The fiasco of 3 weeks ago was fresh in my mind, so when she started digging in my skull, i was not pleased. The filling was in so hard she busted my lip, cut the roof of my mouth and i swore she was gonna rip me open like king kong did the T-Rex.

So how does Bodybuilding relate?

Well in the midst of this spine tingling pain, I had to take myself back a ways. Back to thoughts of the squat. If the brain is the source of the pain, turn off the brain, and voila, no pain!

I had to do something to manage the pain, so I literally began focusing my energy, envisioning myself doing squats and just like that, the pain was much more bearable. Actually, it was damn near gone. Wild.

No comments: