Where's Ryan?

Thursday, June 12, 2008

How I Lost...

Ok, so you know I'm really big on winning
The japanese call it: kachikosu

Life is 5% what happens and 95% how you react so let me rephrase:
So
"here's how I lost"
is replaced with
"Here's how I almost won:"

Since some of my readers rather enjoyed the ins and outs of bodybuilding competition and its peculiarities, I thought I'd highlight what I believe were the deciding factors in me placing 2nd. For those of you who don't know, the dark dark dark dude on my left was the one who placed first, so I'll compare and contrast accordingly.



In this shot, I feel that darkman and I were pretty evenly matched- while my legs were bigger, his legs featured more deep "cuts," and separation. Had the judges valued size and sweep (development of the outer portion of my thighs,) it could have gone my way.

When we turn around, you see a couple things. First, in this shot you can see that my glutes have skin that creases, indicating there is likely some fat and or water, whereas his glutes are tighter, and perhaps some early indications of striations. Also, I have what is known as "high lats" (highlighted in green) where my latissimus dorsi aren't as developed as my competitor, as his appear to insert more towards the waist, and my appear to insert higher up. The high lats are a combination of genetics and inferior back development. Gotta bring sexy back!

Finally, I'm not conceding chest to everyone like I did in Fresno! But I must say that my competitor has 2 things on me in this shot. First, his delts appear to be more deeply defined, and 'drier,' and the cut between his quadriceps and hamstrings from the side is deeper and more separated.

All in all, I still can't complain, because I did go home with 3 trophies that night!

AND

I found a big pair of scissors, so next time I'll be extra cut!

No comments: