Where's Ryan?

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Childhood Friend turned Olympian

In my continuing Olympia coverage, I had to add this- A few years ago I was going through some contest pics and came across a picture of an old elementary/middle school classmate who in her adult life took up a career as a figure competitor. I was just getting into bodybuilding so it was exciting to see a physique competitor hailing from my hometown that I actually knew!

Huong Ho (now Huong Arcinas) was in my first grade class and had a twin brother Thien who I was cool with for a long time. My mom used to remark at how tiny the siblings were, small in stature body composition. She's married and has a beautiful family.

Last month she qualified and placed 13th in her Olympia Debut. Congrats! I'm proud of you, way to represent Seaside!!!!