Where's Ryan?

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

P90X

I am of the mind that simple is usually better.
Lift heavy weight.
Eat Protein.
Limit bad carbs.

Grow.

I'm also of the mind that if you stick to any program designed by someone with half a credential it will work.

With that said, I was at the gym yesterday, and I see this cat huddled in the corner over his laptop. (Keep in mind I train at a corporate gym, so I've actually seen people click-clacking away between sets. ) He then grabs a white plyometrics stand and puts his laptop on it.

And it begins.

He starts staring at the screen like a man possessed, locked in. He starts going through these gyrating motions. It sorta looks like jazzercise meets tae bo meets I dont know what. I take off my headphones and hear a little voice cheering the guy on.
Then I see the P90X box on his bag and I understand what he's doing.

But it's still funny to see someone using their laptop as their personal trainer. I didnt have the heart to tell him that it's usually meant to be done at home so he doesn't look like a complete fool. But hey, if it gets him in shape, who am I to judge.

I put my ipod back on and watch him gyrate to death metal. That was fun.

BTW I did a lil reasearch and found this rather inspiring video made by this everyday joe. Pretty dope.



I'd rather someone just get in the gym and pump iron the old school way, but like I said, most programs work if you stick to it to a T. If u wanted to download it, and save yourself 3 easy payments of 39.95, click here:

No comments: