Where's Ryan?

Monday, October 20, 2008

People listen...


Even when you think they aren't.

On Friday I shot out a quick email when I stumbled upon the Tabata method as a means to burn fat in a short amount of time. I sent it to three different groups of friends. Friday night I went to dinner with some of those email recipients and conversations were abuzz about the new fitness fad.

Then on Saturday night I went to Seaside for John's Bday party and a few of my partners there were talking about it too. Even Rick who is pretty much anti-weights wanted to give it a go. Carrie had her taste and she's still sore.

All of a sudden I felt like people wanted to hear what I had to say. I guess when the guy who bodybuilds speaks training for the masses, people are interested. It was indeed strange because most of the time I feel like the guy who's writing only to his blog, throwing his thoughts into a black hole. I gotta be careful about what advice I give from here on out...

It also reared it's head that same night when we played a game that asks you a bunch of random questions and my brother was asked what's the best piece of advice he'd ever been given.

He replied:

"Don't be me, be better than me..."

When I heard that I had to look away because it caught me so off guard that I got a little choked up. It's something I told him some years back, when he was still a young lad in high school. I've heard of sibling rivalry, but never really understood it;but I truly want the best for my dude. But when you're a sibling saying something to a teenager, you dont feel like it's really soaking in. Most teens know it all already.

Boy, am I ever glad that I was wrong.

No comments: