Where's Ryan?

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Workout Tips

God answers prayers, but sometimes the answer is No...
or sometimes his answer is HELLO!!?!?!?

So this cat I know stops me the other day as I'm on my way to the bathroom and stops me.

He says, "hey man, can I get some workout tips?"

Ya man, I'm always down to talk training.

He asks again- "cool, so do you have any tips?"

Now don't get me wrong- I want to help people, I really do- but I'd rather help people help themselves- but I had to pause. I don't know that anyone's asked for "tips." That's like asking a waitress for "food" or asking Santa for "toy." I couldn't really size him up and assess his situation, seeing as we were both fully clothed at work so I asked- "well what's your goal or objective?"

"Burn some fat"

"Ok well here we go a good start" I think in my mind.

"So what do you do now, do you train?"

"No"

"How's your diet"

"I drink too much and I eat like sh*t"

"Well I'm no trying to be rude, but in all honesty it sounds like you have all the answers you need right in front of you man!"

He sits and pauses, with this sort of confused look on his face,

"Well when you get back to your old regimen, let me know and I'll see what I can do..."

Then, I can see the realization as it happens.
"Thanks man" and he walks away.

No comments: