Where's Ryan?

Monday, January 12, 2009

Stay on that grind...

This blog used to be called: "A 16 Week Journey to Enhanced Muscularity."
After my show in May, the title was no longer appropriate.
It's new title is sort of an homage to what I hope is a lifetime pursuit of being a better me.

Though I'm a lot better than I used to be, I still find myself, from time to time, obssessing over my abs, or a missed meal, or *gasp* a missed training session.

I think I found someone I could relate to, and his name is Mike Walker.
You can't buy that kind of joy!

His headline is: "Man Solves Rubix Cube After 26 Years of Trying, Weeps in Victory."
After 26 years of trying, Parker finally managed to solve the Rubik's cube that confounded him. Now, you may be thinking that he only occasionally picked up the puzzle, slowing his progress—but the reality is that he obsessed over it day after day, night after night.
I realize there are tons of vids on youtube showing 6 year olds completing it, people completing it with one hand etc, but before you nay-sayers make fun of this guy, realize that we have something rare on our hands. A person who never gave up, and put his nose to the grindstone and achieved his goal the old fashioned way- hard work, baby!

When's the last time you grinded like that?

Bravo good sir!

No comments: