Where's Ryan?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mr. Olympia Cometh!

For the first time since I got into bodybuilding a few years back, I will be missing the live broadcast of the Mr. Olympia Contest, which is taking place this weekend in Vegas. Currently Jay cutler is looking for his 3rd title. In the 40+ years of the contest only 11 men have been crowned mr. O.

They are:
Larry Scott (2x)
Sergio Oliva (3x)
Arnold (7x)
Franco Columbu (2x)
Frank Zane (3x)
Chris Dickerson
Samir Bannout
Lee Haney (8)
Dorian Yates (6)
Ronnie Coleman (8)
Jay Cutler (2)

This weekend Jay's got his work cut out for him. With Victor Martinez and my beloved Kai Greene out due to injury, his top 3 Threats are:

Dexter Jackson

Dennis Wolf

Phil Heath:

Here's my ideal top 6 (if bodybuilding judging were fair, don't get me started)
1 Dennis Wolf
2 Phil Heath
3 Dexter Jackson
4 Jay Cutler
5 Melvin Anthony
6 Toney Freeman

Here's how I think it'll actually play out
1 Jay Cutler
2 Dexter Jackson
3 Dennis Wolf
4 Phil Heath
5 Toney Freeman
6 Melvin Anthony

There's this thing in the Mr. Olympia contest where you supposedly have to "Knock out the champ," meaning if you're only slightly better than the incumbent, you will likely lose.
With all the competitors coming up and making great improvements, it'll be exciting to check my phone on monday to see if one of the young bucks was able to overthrow the king! I can't wait!

No comments: