Where's Ryan?

Friday, May 2, 2008

1 lb

The pound of flesh which I demand of him Is deerely bought, 'tis mine, and I will have it.
-Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice

So I wake up to pee at 4am this morning (this is usually the last of my 3 mid-sleep excretory sessions) and step on the scale.

155.4! Yes! I'm happy because I need to weigh 154 come show time. The reason I targeted this weight is because it would put me at the TOP of the lightweights. If I come in at 154 1/4 or above, I'll be at the rock bottom of the middleweights. NOT a good place to be.

So I lay back down to resume sleep, but the pessimist and cynic in me takes over. What if the scale is wrong? What if it's lying? So I toss and turn and never go back to sleep.

535 am, I jump back on the scale and still 155.4. Consistent readout.

I head to the kitchen and grab a glad container, my digital food scale, and add tap water to fill the gladware to a pound. Basically I want to see how accurate my bodyscale is to ensure I'm getting fairly accurate readouts.

I return to the bathroom, step on the scale.
155.4
I then place the 1lb of water on the scale in between my legs and step back on.

155.4...

155.4!?!?!?!??! FKLJKL:FJA:JAS:JFKL:


This is not good. I have just lost total faith in my scale.
So during cardio I'm chatting with John.
He's gonna bring his scale from LA, AND his scale from seaside up with him. But he's not gonna be here till Thursday. That's cutting it way too close.

So tonight I'm going to Target tonight and Bed Bath and Beyond and buy EVERY variety of scale they have. And then I'll see who can detect the 1lb difference. Those that cannot will be returned immediately. The rest will hang around till next week.

You're probably thinking: "He's just kidding around..."

Bodybuilding, in my opinion is an extreme support, and buying 10 scales is extreme, but I'm not letting 16 weeks of hell go sour because of inferior equipment.



pictures of many and varied scales littering my condo to follow

No comments: