Where's Ryan?

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

National Anthem

When I entered the NPC Contra Costa, it stated that it was a National Qualifier.
But I'm a small time criminal with no illusions of grandeur; I am definitely realistic about my place in this iron game.

Every year, the class winners from each weight class of the NPC Nationals earns their IFBB Pro Card, which technically makes them a pro bodybuilder.

I was on the website for Nationals as I wasn't quite sure where my placings put me. Then I ran across the following statement:

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
-(You are qualified for Nationals if you are) Among the first 2 in his/her weight class in an area level Championship designated as a National Qualifier.

When reading this my eyebrow raised slowly, but triumphantly...

I have many labels, as do most human beings, stemming from my personal and private life:
Man
Brother
Friend
Son
Asian
Boyfriend
Hapa
American
Democrat
Athlete
Warriors Fan

I also have a few official labels:
Bachelor of Arts
and
Research Associate

Let's add one more SUPER official label...
National Level Bodybuilder

I like the way that sounds...

No comments: