Where's Ryan?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Week 4 Progress Pics

So far I've lost 10 pounds. Last year I stepped on stage at 169.5, this is after 16 weeks of dieting, and dropping water the last day. Right now I've been hovering at 174 for a week and a half. I want to lose 1-2 lbs/week in an ideal world, so since I was at a stand-still I cut my fat intake back a bit and upped the cardio. I didnt adapt last year and I think I stayed the same weight for 3-4 weeks at a time. Not good.

Warning: In the next few weeks, I'm gonna throw on some posing trunks for my progress shots, so DONT LOG IN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE ME IN SPEEDO-ESQUE ATTIRE, LOL. (if you're logging in just for the Speedo-esque attire, please dont log in either, haha.) You've been warned.

Update time!

Front Relaxed
I haven't really gotten the hang of how to pose my abs during this shot (and the front double bi, which I'll address below.)

Rear Relaxed
Ironically I only see my back once a week (when I take these pictures) but in my objective opinion, it's much more developed than my front. You can see the development of the middle back (trapezius/rhomboids) which has been developed by close-grip pulldowns and of course the dreaded deadlift.

Front Double Biceps
I'm actually experimenting with a couple of the front double bi shots- again with posing the aim is to "hide" the weaknesses and enhance the strengths. Here I'm tensing the abs in a more crunched position.

Whereas in this one I'm doing more of a vacuum pose, where I expand my ribcage and suck in my stomach. I think the first one looks better, and looking from last years pose, it looked funny. So i'll go with the former from here on out (as long as I remember to hit it.)

Back Double Biceps:
Detail coming in here, Im happy with how its coming along. My hamstrings need to be dug out though, they're virtually non-existent here.

Abs/Thigh:
I'm pleased with what I'm seeing in this shot. I dont walk around with abs all year, and at this time last year I was NOWHERE near this shape, so I feel like I'll be in better overall condition.

Most Musculars:
In this shot I need to flare my lates more. Also the cuts in my legs I can see with my own eyes aren't coming through in the photos. Hmm...

No comments: