Where's Ryan?

Friday, February 29, 2008

Behind every great man...

This is what I see, every morning at 545

To harken back to the no man is an island mindset, I have to take a moment to give credit where credit is due.

While she can't walk on the treadmill, lift the weights, or cram the protein down, my girl has done everything she can to ensure that I reach my goals.

When the thought of washing another tupperware or cracking another omega 3 egg makes me want to puke, she's already done it without my asking. The other day I fell asleep on the couch and a little bird did all my morning prep work (Thank you checklist taped on the side of the fridge.) I'll hop out of the shower and see my cooler all packed up for the day. She's on it boy!

She's down in the gym too- if it's cardio, she's on there with me, same amount of time, same speed, same incline. Should she accompany me for training days, she's training DC style rest pause, extreme stretching and all.
Peep the front double bi!

This works as a positive feedback loop because not only am I trying to get in the best shape of my life, her participation reinforces my motivation because I dont ever want to dogg it half-assed because I know that she's there sacrificing part of herself too. She's just as quick to cut back to one drink when we go out with friends (while I chew on ice) as she is to down chicken, tilapia, salmon, tuna and top round ad nauseum.

So when the curtain is drawn and the lights come to- I'll be up on that stage, it'll probably be the first, and last, time throughout this process that I've been alone.

"Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece." ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

CMC said...

hahah can't believe you posted that pic of me. hahah i love yew