Where's Ryan?

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blessing in disguise?

So last night I freaked out that the fuse box was blown in my condo's gym. This brought me a lot of grief.

So I decided to give the precore a try. Usually I look upon this contraption with disdain, butsince everything else was out of commission, the deed needed to be done.

At first it was awkward, a lot of bouncing, found it hard to drink or chat with john on the iPhone.

But then I sort of hit a groove.

Here's why I'm a fan:
  1. My perceived effort to get to my target heart rate where I need it was much less. To get to the same heart rate on the treadmill seemed a lot more difficult.
  2. Time flew by. Perhaps because I wasn't exerting myself so much the time went by faster/didnt feel as tiring.
  3. It was easy on my joints. I didnt feel any of the pains I usually feel when I'm in the middle of a session. Afterwards too, felt pretty good.
  4. More sleep- While there's only 1 precore in my gym, no one's ever on it so I dont have to get up as early to snag myself a spot. That is huge.
All in all the precore is my new friend.

No comments: