Where's Ryan?

Monday, March 10, 2008

What is Love...

So I shot around today. And I sucked. Hard. While I try not to toot my own horn, I was definitely no slouch, even having logged some points in the NCAA (scroll down you'll see me in the box score). But today was not my day. And it stung.

Aside from stuffing my face with carbs and having a few whiskeys on the rocks, I'm also looking forward to returning to the court (I haven't played competitively since 12/05.)

Peep the guns!

My first love was basketball. From the day I picked up the rock it was like coming home- a piece of me locked into my heart; I felt complete. What I loved about the game was that it served as the great equalizer. It was 7th grade and I would pick up a game with people who were bigger, faster, more popular, but because I could nail that shot, I earned respect. Black white yellow brown purple, the rock, in it's purest form, didn't care. If you put in the work (and believe me I did, shooting around every day for 2 hours after school and even more on the weekends) it paid dividends.

The same thing with the iron game- u get out what you put in. Unfortunately I don't have the stomach or the budget to eat 8000 calories per day, which is probably what I'd need to run around for 2 hours on the court, and still have something in the tank to lift and build (not just maintain muscle.) But bodybuilding is all about sacrifice. It's all about love.



At the rate I'm going I dont know that I'll ever put the weights down for good. But if I never make a permanent return to the court, I'll never forget my first love...

No comments: