Where's Ryan?

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Patience.

I think I let this post get lost among the hodge podge of this blog, but it deserves to be revisited.

Look me in the eye,
It's ok if you're scared,
so am I.
But we're scared for different reasons.
I'm scared of what I won't be come-
And You're scared of what I could become.

Look at me
I wont let myself end
where I started.
I wont let myself finish
where I began.

I know what is within me,
even if you can't see it yet

Look me in the eyes
I have something more important than courage-
I have patience.

I will become what I know I am.
This piece moved me. Waiting. 16 weeks of preparation for one night.

10 minutes in the tanning booth.
60 minutes of pre-breakfast cardio.
10 seconds to calculate heart rate.
60 minutes of weight training.
15 seconds between sets.
60 minutes of evening cardio.
2.5 hours between meals.
3 minutes to steam the green beans.
5 minutes per side for top round.
20 minutes of posing practice.
30 seconds of holding each mandatory pose.
7 days between weigh ins and progress pictures.
7 days between cheat meals.
30-45 minutes to have that cheat meal brought to my table.
2 days in Fresno.
90 seconds on stage.
1 day in Hayward.
60 seconds on stage.

16 weeks from beginning to end.

All journeys begin with the first step.

I will become what I know I am.

1 comment:

CMC said...

what would we do without the stopwatch on our iphone and the timer above the microwave/oven =)