Where's Ryan?

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Temptation Day

I dunno what it is about today, but damn, temptation seemed to be around every corner.
First I walk into work to find this:
Some sort of delectable morning pastry with ooey gooey fruit filling, and glazed and chocolate donuts. I could just feel the cool fruit filling finding all of the empty spaces between my teeth, tongue and lips. And the donuts, the way the shell of the chocolate breaks and crumbles into your mouth as you sink in. My AM shake knocks that out.

Then we go to lunch at Red Robin. My protein burger was good. The endless basket of fries looked great, steak fries, nice and potato-ey, sprinkled with savory salt and pepper, fried to a golden brown hue. The burger was good enough.

Later I walk into the hall and the smell of popcorn imbues my every olfactory sensor. That's just great. Who's trying to get me to steer off the path to dietary righteousness.

While the crown doesn't make the King, the food makes me so i must resist. Every piece of cheat I eat only cheats me of the minutes I've gotten up in the morning, and cheats everyone who's pulling for me to do well. Esp John and Birdie, which really helps keep me on track cuz if nothing else I wanna do well for them since they too are pouring in all they've got into my success.

word.

UPDATE: There was a dude eating poundcake when sitting in traffic on the way to the bay bridge. WTF????!!?!

No comments: